Saturday 7 November 2015

November Media interest


November was an exciting month for me.


First, it started with this photo of me in Birdwatching Magazine.  They had bought the photo of a child and nest box from an agency and I was really pleased that the magazine had chosen one of me...an amusing start.


Birdwatching Magazine - November Edition Page 79


Then a local on-line newspaper, The Western Daily Press, picked up on my Chew Valley Gazette article about seeing my 4000th bird and being the youngest person to see this many. They interviewed me and published a piece online on 1st November 2015 https://t.co/o0MWldq6VS


Then, another local on-line paper, The Western Morning News, published an article online on 2nd November 2015 about my birding and seeing my 4000th bird



This was followed by a later on-line article about me in the ITV West Country News also on 2nd November 2015


This is the article published in the Metro Nationwide about me on 4th November 2015.  It was really exciting as lots of people I know had read the article, not knowing that I was going to be in it (The Metro is a free Newspaper distributed in cities including London and Bristol particularly on public transport).


The Metro



So this is another article in the popular National newspaper, The Daily Express, also published on 4th November 2015.


The Daily Express




So this is another article about my birding, published in the weekly Somerset Guardian, on 5th November 2015 thankfully with more recent photos!



The Somerset Guardian


Finally, this is the article about me in the weekly Midsomer Norton & Radstock Journal on 5th November 2015.


The Midsomer Norton & Radstock Journal


This blog post is about the huge amount of media attention that I had in November, about my seeing my 4000th world bird in the summer.  It was a beautiful Red-throated Tit which I saw in Swaro Plains on my first day in Kenya.  For me, it's all about the birding and not about the number, but it was still nice to have lots of articles about me.  Even it catches the interest of a few people and they start birding, then it will have been worth it.


It was really exciting to find these articles and not knowing that they were being published. Thank you to everyone who sent their congratulations and let me know if you see anything else.  Roll on 5000!


About the Writer



Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig on Scilly
Photograph taken by and copyright Chris Craig




Mya-Rose Craig is a 13 year old young birder, naturalist, conservationist, environmentalist, writer and speaker. She is based near Bristol and writes the successful Birdgirl Blog, with posts about birding and conservation from around the world. She loved seeing Mountain Gorillas in East Africa and is looking forward to watching Penguins in Antarctica in December 2015, which will be her 7th continent. 



Mya-Rose is a Bristol European Green Capital 2015 Ambassador along with Kevin McCloud, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Tony Juniper, Simon King, Miranda Krestovnikoff and Shaun the Sheep! See the full list of Bristol 2015 Ambassadors. She has also been listed with the singer songwriter George Ezra and actress Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones as one of Bristol's most influential young people. Please like her Birdgirl Facebook Page and follow her on Birdgirl Twitter















2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the attention - I particularly hope your enthusiasm inspires other young people to take up an interest in birds. Keep up the hard work and here's to 5,000!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always hope that other young people will be inspired by me not just to love nature and birds but to follow their passions.

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. Please can you make sure that it is positive and is about me or my blog and not about promoting you or your business. Thanks. Mya-Rose Craig