Tuesday 12 April 2016

Thank you letter from Geographical Association


This is the lovely letter I received from the President of the Geographical Association for School Teachers on the talk I gave at their Annual Conference.


Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig talking to geography teachers at the GA Conference



12 April 2016

Dear Mya-Rose,

I simply had to write and thank you for all the time you gave up to come and talk at, not one, but two sessions at the Geographical Association conference. You will be pleased to hear I am sure that your contributions were a key talking point around the conference and that the points you were making have been discussed in a wider community - the geographers. I am so grateful to you for contacting us and for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. I know the young people in the morning were intrigued with what you had to say and that they found it especially useful to have someone of a similar age talking to them as opposed to someone of another generation. The teachers in the afternoon were deeply impressed with your confidence and presence in presenting and the messages you so clearly articulated. Many of them will be using your ideas in their future lessons.



I am only so sorry that my Presidential duties prevented me from spending more time with you and attending the sessions myself. But it has been good to receive so many positive and lovely comments about what you offered the conference. I do hope that you enjoyed the experience and that you felt it was a worthwhile event to attend.

Thank you for your kind invitation to the Bristol event you are involved with - I am hoping to be there - it really does depend on availability at the time. My colleague Jeremy Kraus who lives in Bristol is hoping to be there anyway so I will hear of another success from you.

My very best wishes for the future - I know it will be a bright one.

And thank you again for joining us.

Steve

Steve Rawlinson
President, Geographical Association
Geographical Association Primary Geography Champion
Consultant to the Geographical Association
Chair of the Primary Geography Editorial Board
http://www.geography.org.uk/



Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig talking to geography teachers at the GA Conference

About the Writer



Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig on Scilly
Photograph taken by and copyright Chris Craig


Mya-Rose Craig is a 13 year old young birder, naturalist, conservationist, environmentalist, activist, writer and speaker. She is based near Bristol and writes the successful Birdgirl Blog, with posts about birding and conservation from around the world. She loved seeing Mountain Gorillas in East Africa and Penguins in Antarctica over Christmas 2015, her 7th continent. 


Mya-Rose is a Bristol European Green Capital Ambassador along with Kevin McCloud, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Tony Juniper, Simon King, Miranda Krestovnikoff and Shaun the Sheep! See the full list of Bristol Ambassadors. She has also been listed with the singer songwriter George Ezra and actress Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones as one of Bristol's most influential young people. Please like her Birdgirl Facebook Page and follow her on Birdgirl Twitter









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. Please can you make sure that it is positive and is about me or my blog and not about promoting you or your business. Thanks. Mya-Rose Craig